Saturday, January 21, 2012

WLS NOT EASY!!

This is one of those things that really irks me. Just because I chose to have WLS does not mean I took the easy way out. Does not mean I just sit on my but and lose weight becuase the band does it for me. IF it did everyone would do it. There is a reason you have to have a mental evaluation before you have the surgery to make sure you are aware it is a lifestyle change, that you will eat right, and exercise. My band is just another tool in my weight loss. Just like a treadmill, food scale, my food log, weight machines. You could have the surgery and NEVER lost any weight. You have to do the work. You have to make the right food choices. I choose to eat little to no fat in foods, I choose to eat little to no carbs, I choose to eat the lowest caloric foods I can. I choose to KILL MYSELF at the gym EVERYDAY. I could sit at home on my couch and eat a whole bag of my favorite chips. Instead If I CHOOSE to indulge on my favorite, I only put the correct serving size in a bowl and eat only that. Even if I want more. 7 chips for 140 calories is no laughing matter when you only eat 800-900 calories in a day. Not MEAL like some people, DAY!!! I made my own success. My band has just helped me along.  
Sorry if I sound like a bitch, just something that really agervates me. Here are some great links that goes along with this.
http://www.bandedliving.com/public/Weight_Loss_Surgery__Is_It_The_Easy_Way_Out.cfm

http://obesitysurgery-info.com/wlsnoteasyway.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment