Friday, January 20, 2012

Things I have learned or just stuff for new banders

Ill start at the clothing aspect since I was just purging my closet. That is the greatest feeling getting rid of clothes that don't fit, because they are to big now instead of to small. Over my journey there are some things that are clothing related that I didn't think about before. Like I never considered I would need smaller underware. HELLO!!!haha Also my shoe size shrunk 2 1/2-3 sizes. REALLY??? never knew I had fat feet. Guess I did. I loved stocking up on smaller clothes and trying them on every few weeks. I liked seeing the difference, and when they finally fit it would be a happy day in my house!

Accountabilty I have found that it helps to keep everyone updated on my blog and facebook on my progress. I feel it keeps me accountable. If I start gaining weight, people are going to be like WTF Erin?? It just helps me.

Food Log Along side exercise I feel this is one of the most important things I do. I record everything that goes in my mouth. If I dont know how many calories is in it, I look it up first. It keeps me on track with my daily calorie goals. I dont feel I would be even close to where I am without it. I use DailyBurn You can track your eaten calories, calories burned, weight, etc. You can get motivators that can help you along. Join challenges and groups with people like you. I use it online but mostly on my phone as an app. There are tons out there, find the one that works best for you.

Food since we are on the food subject, ill just stay there. I have completely reinvented the way I eat. I stick in my 900 calorie limit (for the most part). I have found that even though I eat so few calories, I still stay full because I pick such low calorie foods. DONT deny yourself something you really want. You can have something "bad" just remember moderation. If you dont allow yourself things, your will gorge yourself and later regret it. UHH I HATE resturants. Not all of them have healthy options. And when they do, they still arent healthy. A salad that is 1500 calories??? REALLY!! no, order fat free or low fat dressing, no crutons, grilled chicken rather than fried. I have found a place I love, The LO-Cal Cafe in Edwardsville, Il. Great food and it is all low calories. They even have premade foods you can get for lunches or for quick dinners.
Keep low cal staples in the house for snacking. I always have low fat cottage cheese and light cheese sticks. ALWAYS! Hummus on veggies is good too. you can check out some of my food posts. People have noticed my new Starbucks addiction. Ill do a post soon on some great things you can order that are still good. get fat free milk instead of their normal. cuts calories majorly! My favorite drink. Tall Skinny Vanilla Latte with extra expresso shot and 1 sweet n low. about 100 calories and 10g protein. better than some 800-900 drinks that taste the same. Ask for sugar free syrups. Enough of that or I will make this my starbucks post. haha I plan on posting my food more often. maybe do a weekly post of all my food for the week. You can also check my dailyburn daly. So, how do I cook? I broil most all my meats I cook. I also bake and grill. I rarely ever fry anything. Even hamburgers. If a recipe calls for pan frying something, I use a bit of Pam and do it that way. about 100 less calories than using olive oil. Ill do more food posts later.

Exercise I have always liked exercisng. I have tons of bone issues that make it hard for me, but I dont use that as an excuse. Most of the time I push through it all. The only way to do it for me. consult your dr for what you should do. I normally exercise 5-7 days a week. Normal is 6 days. about 45 min to 1hour 15 min. sometimes more. Had to cut back with my pain issues, but I still go. It is not an excuse for me. I prefer to go in the mornings. If I dont go or go later, I am like a crack addict going through witdraws. Im all shaky and cant sit still. crazy times. Even if I dont make it to the gym, I make myself more active. Every night when I make dinner I plug my ipod into the speakers and me and kids dance like crazy while I cook. Give me and kids exercise and it is fun!!

Im sure im leaving things out. I can always to a continuation post. Remember your band rules you recieved from your surgeon. They are IMPORTANT!! If you dont have them, find them. Ill post in a bit. Gotta get kids out of bath. My bathroom floor is soaked!!

No comments:

Post a Comment