Thursday, December 16, 2010

Hello

This blog is here for me to follow and help me with my weight loss. Monday, December 6th, I met with the bariatric surgeon to discuss my surgery. He said most insurances take 30 days to bring back the approval to have the surgery but i got the call yesterday (12-15) that they had the all clear from the ins and my surgery was scheduled for Monday, December 27th, 2010. I am having the Realize band. click link for more info. On tuesday after my appt I decided to start a low carb diet. In one week I have lost 12 pounds! Today 12/16/10 I start my liquid protein diet. FUN!!! Until my surgery, I have to drink 3-4 protein drinks. (currently trying slim fast) I can have clear sugar free liquids between if I need them. For breakfast I drank the french vanilla flavor. Not bad. Alot easier to drink with a straw. I guess a little about myself. I have insulin resistance. That is what caused me to gain all my weight and have all the infertility issues I had. In highschool I was a size 8 (about age 15) then by the time I was 18 I had gained almost 100 pounds. If you have any questions just ask. I am posting pics of myself today. I will redo them everyweek. and post side by side pics. Photobucket Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I am so very proud of you! I will help you in whatever way I can. You have been there for me and my jounery so now it's my turn to be there for you on yours. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, I use Slim Fast every morning and my favorite flavor is Chocolate Royale. I get the BIG cans of it at Sams Club!

    ReplyDelete